The Community Advisor (CA) position is a 12 month, part-time student staff, live-in position, working an average of 15 hours per week.
Compensation includes paid rent and utilities for an apartment and a $315 monthly stipend.
CAs serve as representatives of the University and are available to answer questions, assist residents as needed, serve in an afterhours on-call duty rotation, manage crises as they arise in the complexes, conduct fire/life safety inspections, and enforce University and Apartment policies. CAs are responsible for building community through educational programming and planned social interactions. CAs educate residents about community rules, provide excellent customer service, assist with administrative duties in the office, and work with the Apartment Life team to streamline processes. CAs collaborate with the Tenant Advisory Board (TAB) and other groups to provide a high quality, inclusive living environment for University Apartments residents. CAs work on a team with other CAs and professional staff members, and support the mission, vision, and goals of the team, the department, and the university.
CAs must be enrolled as full time students and report to a Community Coordinator. If selected for the CA position, you must have a Texas Driver’s license, or be able to obtain one within 6 weeks of hire and may be required to drive University vehicles on occasion. Applicants must be willing to relocate to a different unit/complex as needs arise; be available during holiday breaks; and provide on-call assistance after hours, weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other CAs.
• UT Austin college student enrolled full time (at least six hours for dissertation/PhD level; at least nine hours for Masters level; at least 12 hours for undergraduate level)
• Texas Driver’s license, or be able to obtain one with-in 6 weeks of hire
• Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must live in or be willing to relocate to a different complex
• Be available to work during holiday breaks
• Serve on an on-call duty rotation after hours, weekends, and holidays with other CAs
• Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrates excellent communication, problem solving, customer service and organizational skills
• Reliability and dependability
• Residential leadership experience
• Experience planning events/programs on a college campus
• Experience with minor maintenance repairs
• Emergency crisis response experience
• Commitment to working 2 or more years in CA position
How To Apply
If you have community development experience and good people skills and would like to apply for the CA position, please send a cover letter and 1-2 page resume to: DHFS.Apartments@austin.utexas.edu
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MONDAY, APRIL 3RD AT 12PM
Wednesday, March 22
Thursday, March 23
Friday, March 24
Saturday, March 25
Sunday, March 26
Monday, March 27
Tuesday, March 28
Wednesday, March 29
Thursday, March 30
Friday, March 31
Saturday, April 1
DHFS Human Resources Office 200 W DEAN KEETON