Asian American Voices at UT
- This group meets weekly for Asian/Asian American identified students to proivde a confidential space and to build community through belongingness, emotional connection, and an encouraging environment where members can share values, interests, resources, joys, and concerns.
- The group's content is generally flexible, but common topics of discussion often include navigating family and personal expectations and manuvering through different cultures, academic and career concerns, socio-political climate, racism/opression based stressors, ethnic identity, feelings of isolation/disconnection, and relationships.
- This is a drop-in style discussion group that does not require students to be clients of CMHC
- No paperwork or formal referrals are necessary
- Students who are interested may contact Amy Tao-Foster, directly, who can meet briefly with students who have any questions or concerns about attending the group
- Light refreshments will be provided.
The group is being offered in conjunction with The Center for Asian American Studies and the UT Counseling and Mental Health Center.
Tuesday, May 1 at 5:00pm
Burdine Hall (BUR), 560
2505 UNIVERSITY AVE , Austin, Texas 78712