Asian American Voices at UT
- This group meets weekly for Asian/Asian American identified students to proivde a confidential space and to build community through belongingness, emotional connection, and an encouraging environment where members can share values, interests, resources, joys, and concerns.
- The group's content is generally flexible, but common topics of discussion often include navigating family and personal expectations and manuvering through different cultures, academic and career concerns, socio-political climate, racism/opression based stressors, ethnic identity, feelings of isolation/disconnection, and relationships.
- This is a drop-in style discussion group that does not require students to be clients of CMHC
- No paperwork or formal referrals are necessary
- Students who are interested may contact Amy Tao-Foster, directly, who can meet briefly with students who have any questions or concerns about attending the group
- Light refreshments will be provided.
The group is being offered in conjunction with The Center for Asian American Studies and the UT Counseling and Mental Health Center.
Tuesday, March 20 at 5:00pm
More dates through May 1, 2018
Tuesday, March 27 at 5:00pm
Tuesday, April 3 at 5:00pm
Tuesday, April 10 at 5:00pm
Tuesday, April 17 at 5:00pm
Tuesday, April 24 at 5:00pm
Tuesday, May 1 at 5:00pm
Burdine Hall (BUR), 560
2505 UNIVERSITY AVE , Austin, Texas 78712