The UT Athletics Department partners with BASF chemical company with a challenge to UT students: help us create Team Chemistry by putting together a proposal for how to reduce the environmental impact of game day at UT. We’ll reward the winning team with $20,000 and $5,000 to the runner up. So, gather your friends, get creative and think BIG.
Whether you are talking about contact sports like football and hockey, endurance sports like track and cross country, or specialized skill sports like volleyball and gymnastics, sports involve IMPACT. Putting on a sporting event also creates IMPACT. From traffic to noise, waste, water and energy consumption, fans also create considerable impact.
View all details here.
• Thursday, Jan. 16: Registration opens at 9 a.m. CST
• Friday, Feb. 28: Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. CST
• Monday, April 7: Final submissions due no later than 11:59 p.m. CST
• Friday, April 11: Top five teams notified
• Friday, April 18: Judging event with top five teams
• Saturday, April 19: Awards ceremony/check presentation at halftime of Texas Football spring game
How to Get Started:
Fill out a registration form and send it to email@example.com by February 28, 2013.
For complete challenge details, including complete rules, registration deadlines, visit: http://texassports.com/BASF. For ideas on how to get started, visit: www.basf.us/teamchemistry.
For general questions or inquiries about the challenge, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, February 28, 2014