You are invited to participate in a research study examining the economic value of a Facebook LIKE. Rajiv Garg (IROM) and Anitesh Barua (IROM) of the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin are conducting the study.
If you agree to participate:
· The experiment takes approximately 1-2 hours of your time.
· You are asked to LIKE a link (multiple times every week) on your Facebook account.
· You will be compensated at $10/week.
· You can opt to stop participating at any time.
· If you participate for all 4 weeks, you will be given $10 bonus compensation.
· To be eligible for the weekly or bonus compensation, you are expected to participate for the entire week. Any missed LIKEs may make you ineligible for compensation for that week.
We will collect your Facebook LIKE data using a Facebook App, which will seek your permission to share data with us.
To participate you must be at least 18 years old and a student at the University of Texas (Austin). Your participation in this study is voluntary. You have the right to withdraw from participation at any time. Withdrawal will not affect your relationship with The University of Texas in any way.
Please visit http://bit.ly/UTSMresearch to view the project details and sign-up for the study.
Thursday, May 15, 2014