Dog Days at the Wildflower Center
We love those wagging tails and slobbery tongues, so we’ve carved out a weekend for paws + plants. Grab your canine bestie and head our way for fun, fur-baby-friendly activities.
We have a lot of natural groundcover, soft turf grass and gravel trails that won’t be as hot on your pup’s paws as roads and sidewalks, but please plan your day with your pet’s health in mind. Richard’s Rainwater is sponsoring onsite doggy hydration stations.
Humans: regular admission (Free admission for UT faculty, staff and students)
Dogs: $5 per pup (members and non-members; part of each dog admission will go to support Divine Canines and Austin Humane Society)
Wildflower Café will host a pop-up in the Courtyard with with snow cones (for humans) and pupcup snowcones!
- 7:30 – 9 a.m.: Member mornings. Members, bring your dog for an early, peaceful stroll!
- All Day: Are you ready for your close (p)up? Doing it for the ‘gram? Get your buddy to sit and stay for a puppy picture! Sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- All Day: Everyone’s a winner when you adopt a paw-esome friend and Austin Humane Society will be here with some sweet dogs looking to settle down in a fur-ever home. Say hello, give some belly rubs and enter a raffle with prizes from Tito’s.
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Pronouncing words aloud can be scary for new readers. Divine Canines Barking Book Buddies will help children pick up a book and read to a patient, furry friend to gain confidence.
- 3:30 – 4 p.m.: Head to our shaded pavilion for a de-stressing session with Austin Doga (it’s yoga with your best friend!); bring a mat or towel.
No additional activities -— bring your dog and hit the trail!
No Bones About It: These are the rules!
- Dogs must be leashed at all times and remain on marked trails.
- We expect a lot of visitors. Please bring only well-behaved, socialized dogs.
- Leashes must be no longer than 6 feet. Retractable leashes are not permitted.
- Dogs are not allowed in Wildflower Café. Outdoor seating is available.
- Dogs may not enter any of the water features or ponds.
- Keep those paws and noses safe! Stay on the trails.
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations and registration.
- Handlers must pick up after their dogs and properly dispose of waste.
- The Wildflower Center reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any dog thought to be dangerous to other dogs or visitors.
- Dogs must not be tethered to a stationary fixture (such as a post or tree) or left unattended.
- The Wildflower Center is not responsible for any injury or illness.
- Each dog owner is responsible for their own dog. If your dog causes damage to any person or property, you are responsible.
- An adult (16 years old and up) must maintain control of each dog’s leash at all times — limited to two dogs per handler.
- Please ask before approaching or allowing your dog to approach an unfamiliar human or dog.
- Dogs are the only companion animals permitted for this event.
Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 9:00am
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
4801 La Crosse Avenue, Austin, TX 78739