- Texas Today: UT Events & Announcements Calendar
- Event Details
The purpose of the PAC-AI study is to learn more about the brain and cognitive changes that occur following diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer. We will use neuroimaging and machine learning, a type of artificial intelligence, to predict which patients are at highest risk for chemotherapy-related cognitive impairment.
To participate in the study you must:
1. Be a woman between 35 and 68 years, with no history of cancer and in good health with no major medical or psychiatric conditions.
2. Be able to read and speak English or Spanish.
3. Have a computer with internet access.
4. Be free from MRI contraindications such as metallic implants (e.g. pacemakers, certain orthopedic pins/plates), metallic tattoos, or claustrophobia.
5. Be free from any major sensory deficits (e.g. blindness, deafness).
6. Be willing to complete two study visits (at enrollment and approximately 12 months after) at The University of Texas at Austin.
You will receive a $75 e-gift card at the end of each visit and a parking pass will be emailed to you prior to each MRI visit. For more information about the study, please visit our website, https://nursing.utexas.edu/research/knl/pac-ai-study
If you have any questions or are interested in participating, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will schedule a screening phone call to assess for eligibility and, if eligible, schedule the study visit.
Monday, December 12, 2022 at 8:00am
Health Discovery Building (HDB)
1701 Trinity St, Austin TX, 78712