- Texas Today: UT Events & Announcements Calendar
- Event Details
The disABILITY Advocate Program provides knowledge and skills to be ABLE to work more effectively and confidently with people with disabilities. This workshop uses discussion and activities to learn about disabilities and accessibility at UT and to prepare student employees to work toward a more accessible and inclusive campus. During the course of the workshop, you will learn:
– the prevalence of disability in the US and at UT Austin (visible and invisible);
– respectful and empowering language to use to talk about disability;
– how to recognize and reduce barriers for people with disabilities; and
– how to work effectively with people with disabilities.
To register, log-in to UT Learn.
Tuesday, October 15 at 3:00pm to 4:00pm
Student Services Building (SSB), 4.212
100 DEAN KEETON ST W, Austin, Texas 78712