Transgender Participants Survey Recruitment
About this research:
- The purpose of this study is to investigate experiences of gender transition and individuals’ communication with their families.
- Participants will be asked to fill in an online survey with questions about family conflict, support, stress, feelings about transitioning, and resilience. The survey will take approximately 20-25 minutes to finish.
- You must be at least 18 years old, identify as transgender or gender non-conforming (GNC), and have come out to at least one member of your family of origin to participate. Family of origin is defined as defined as a group of people related by blood, marriage, or adoption who are the caretakers and siblings that a person lives/lived with (at least half of the time) from their early life to young adulthood.
- Because the study is about family communication, we are looking for participants that communicate with at least one member of their family of origin at least once a month (face-to-face, via computer, text, phone call, or otherwise). No identifying information will be collected during this survey.
- Upon completion, there will be a link to a secondary survey where you may enter your name and e-mail for a drawing for a $50 Visa gift card.
- If you have questions about this research, please contact BillyTable@utexas.edu
If you would like to take the survey now, click here!
Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 8:00am